by Chris Ritter
Here is a quick video outlining my current thinking on the Way Forward, including an explanation of the Affiliated Autonomous Model. The model does NOT require any constitutional amendments and can approved by a simple majority at General Conference.
- Please don’t take the maps too literally.
- The little “fires” on the map are places semi-randomly as a symbol for conflict. They do not represent specific instances of conflict.
- At the end of the video I reference a group of bishops that has been working on this model. That seems to have generated a lot of speculation. My understanding is that the Council of Bishops tasked several different groups of bishops with fleshing out various options that might come before them through The Commission. One group fleshed out the affiliated autonomous status and sent it to the full council. This is not some clandestine conspiracy but part of the comprehensive work the Council has been doing to produce a Way Forward.
- If you want to see how this looks fleshed out in generous legislative language, you can click here.
- If you want to see a version focused more on accountability, click here.